Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JD JD is offline

Default Wild Hare Idea: Biological Imperative Vid - Kinetic Turned Piece

On Jul 10, 1:13*am, Gerard wrote:
charlieb schreef:

JD wrote:
That is comical. Have you patented the idea? I could see some high
school science teachers (or sex ed teacher) using your videos in
class. Great job.

High School? *Look around. *Try Middle School / Junior High!

But you got the basic motivation right. *My current batch of
neighborhood
"adoptees" who've been hanging out in my shop over the last five plus
years are almost all girls in the 10 to 15 year old range. *And they all
seem to be boy crazy, or about to be boy crazy - which is to be expected
since hormones are kicking in - big time. *The scary thing is that
they're
getting information from their peers, most of whom haven't a clue about
much of anything - except cell phones, I Pods, My Space, clothes,
"music",
clothes (Abercrombie, Hollister) and malls.

I'm of the Knowledge Is Power School - and at this age - some knowledge
about The Biological Imperative can make a difference when it comes to
choosing friends, especially boy friends. *In order to convey knowledge
to teens, you have to get their attention. *They have quick minds and
a good sense of humor. *

So - if Knowledge can be presented in a funny/humorous way . . .

The Power Switch (hormonal changes) activates the Biological Imperative,
producing the key players in the Perpetuation Of The Species Game
*- Ovum and Sperm. *Eventually, they'll meet - and lives are changed.
Whether girls realize it or not, boys, whether they realize it or not,
are
looking for a Womb Reservation. *And girls are looking for a Provider
for their future children.

It's a very ancient game they're playing, and unlike video games, there
are real consequences for their actions - there's no Game Over - Play
Again? *If these Changelings understand The Game they, hopefully, will
make good choices, or at least better choices. *If this piece
contributes
even in a little way to at least one good choice in this Biological
Imperative
/Perpetuation of the Species Game - I'll have helped.

Serious Mode - OFF.

charlie b

This 10 min. video might be a nice illustration:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpHpq5mozMg

HIllarious!