Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Wagner Power Products 283022 HT 775 1,680-Watt Heavy Duty Heat Gun

Price:$64.99
Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B00004TUCY
Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B00004TUCY

I bought this after the pain of trying to strip paint with chemical agents for years. I was amazed at how easily it worked. I used it on my window and after about 30 seconds, a bubble starts to form in the pain (see my pictures). Keep running the heat over an area, and it will eventually get hot enough that you can easily peel it away. I suggest using a Hangzhou #5026TV MP 3" Bent Pole Scraper to remove paint. The end is dull enough that it won't scrape the wood too badly, and it's just the right size and angle for the area the gun covers.Some of the problems I had with the gun, are that if you hold it in an area for too long, it can burn the wood behind the paint. It also can take a long time to heat an large area, leaving your arm tired. I wouldn't use this if you have a very large area to strip from. Additionally, the gun tripped the breaker in my house on many occasions. I couldn't run the light and the gun at the same time, and had to move them to separate switches.Lastly, I really recommend the Warner Manufacturing 382XXX Tool 1000-Watt Radiant Heat Paint Remover over this gun. I bought it after, and it covers flatter surfaces, gets MUCH hotter, and peels paint away in half the time. It is basically just a really large heating element. I now use it for most of my stripping projects, and only use this gun for fine work when I need to remove paint from hard to reach areas.
After looking at several heat guns on Amazon, I decided on this one. I used it for long lengths at a time over a three day period stripping paint from wood and it worked great. I had no problems with overheating and shutting down. I did always make sure that I put the switch on "cool" before shutting it down - prior to both long and short shut downs.
Used this heat gun on 35yr. old window glaze. The heat generated by the gun made this job very easy to remove the glaze. I would recommend this product.
I bought this heat gun to heat PVC in order to bend it. I was using a butane torch and this works much better. It generates more than adequate heat, but without the problems of burning the PVC. It is light and easy to handle. I also really like the stand that is attached, allowing hands free bench work. The cool down feature works well, reducing the (in my case anyway) potential burns. I would definitly recommend it, at least for bending PVC.
A rugged, commercial-grade tool that helps strip paint, remove floor tiles, thaw frozen pipes, defrost freezers, dry plaster, and more, this heat gun burns blasts out plenty of heat for the heavy home improvement projects. This 1,680-watt gun produces 5,700 Btu's, easily performing tasks like forming and bending plastic pipe and loosening rusted bolts and nuts on bikes and plumbing. Designed to withstand the wear and abuse of professional use, the gun body is constructed of die-cast metal and the heating element can be replaced in the field. Variable temperatures ranging from 750 to 1000 degrees F cover a wide variety of applications. A fan-only setting means no more standing around waiting for the gun to cool down. -- Brian D. Olson

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Transcend 4 GB SDHC Class 6 Flash Memory Card TS4GSDHC6E [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]:http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B001ECRZJM