Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Hi Everyone!

Hello, I just joined the group, am a total beginner at wood turning
but i'm super willing to learn. Best wishes to all.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Geni writes:

Hello, I just joined the group, am a total beginner at wood turning
but i'm super willing to learn. Best wishes to all.

Welcome Geni. Grab a skew and dig in.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Apr 5, 8:02*am, Maxwell Lol wrote:
Geni writes:
Hello, I just joined the group, am a total beginner at wood turning
but i'm super willing to learn. Best wishes to all.

Welcome Geni. Grab a skew and dig in.

....With "Dig" being the operative phrase...
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Ralph writes:

On Apr 5, 8:02Â*am, Maxwell Lol wrote:
Geni writes:
Hello, I just joined the group, am a total beginner at wood turning
but i'm super willing to learn. Best wishes to all.

Welcome Geni. Grab a skew and dig in.

...With "Dig" being the operative phrase...

People don't always catch the humor in my posts.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Apr 5, 1:44*am, Geni wrote:
Hello, I just joined the group, am a total beginner at wood turning
but i'm super willing to learn. Best wishes to all.

Hello Geni,

Welcome to the world of woodturning. This group is not as active as it
was a few years ago, but there are lots of archives to be searched. A
few years ago, I wrote a book based on my many posting on this group.
The book was published about two years ago by Linden Publishing in
California. The Title is "The Woodturners FAQ" the FAQ is for
frequently asked questions. It was designed for the person thinking of
getting into woodturning and begins with the question, What do I need
to turn wood? One review of this book said, "the book should be
required reading for all new turners." I highly recommend the book.
You can purchase it from Amazon.com or order from my web site.

Fred Holder
http://www.morewoodturning.net

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ted Ted is offline

Geni,

What are you most interested in turning? Bowls, spindles, lamps,
hollow forms, cowboy hats... This group has had lots of
knowledgeable people over the years. If you know where you want to
start I am use someone can give you specific advice.

Ted J
thelatentlog.com
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Welcome to a great place to learn! Although the activity level is low at
times, the info that does come across more than makes up for it!

Bob Crawford

Geni writes:
Hello, I just joined the group, am a total beginner at wood turning
but i'm super willing to learn. Best wishes to all.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Apr 5, 4:44*am, Geni wrote:
Hello, I just joined the group, am a total beginner at wood turning
but i'm super willing to learn. Best wishes to all.

Welcome

Ask questions and learn. There are alot of great turners in this
group...

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Geni
You came to the best site to feed your addiction for wood chips ! I
started coming here for about a year and found allot of help and found
tons of ideas from all these people.
Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974Tryke

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Apr 5, 5:44*am, Geni wrote:
Hello, I just joined the group, am a total beginner at wood turning
but i'm super willing to learn. Best wishes to all.

Welcome. One of the best resources out there are the local wood
turning groups.
Where do you live? Perhaps one of the posters here can contact you
with some pertinent local information.
Tom Weber in Merritt Island, FL

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis writes:

Anyone find it strange that the OP never replied?

Maybe she's shy...... :-) Or overwhelmed?

Our local club has several women turners. Like the men, some are
experienced, and some are beginners. I wonder if woodturning has more
women involved than in, say ... furniture making.

And if Geni is male forgive my error.

As for the forum, Just "grab a hunk of wood and start chipping away."