Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Dumb question?

I just received and set up my new Nova DVR XP. Why is there no knock out
rod? Is there a trick I don't know about. I've been using old jet rod
for now.

I was turning a spindle on the jet when new machine arrived. Took it
off jet and put on Nova...can't believe the difference...no vibration or
noise. YEE HA

Thanks

L Bledsoe
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Apr 1, 2:21*pm, LBledsoe wrote:
I just received and set up my new Nova DVR XP. Why is there no knock out
rod? Is there a trick I don't know about. I've been using old jet rod
for now.

Em.. I got one with mine
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

LBledsoe schreef:
I just received and set up my new Nova DVR XP. Why is there no knock out
rod? Is there a trick I don't know about. I've been using old jet rod
for now.

I was turning a spindle on the jet when new machine arrived. Took it off
jet and put on Nova...can't believe the difference...no vibration or
noise. YEE HA

Thanks

L Bledsoe

The posting date suggest its probably hidden somewhere....
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Apr 1, 1:21*pm, LBledsoe wrote:
I just received and set up my new Nova DVR XP. Why is there no knock out
rod? Is there a trick I don't know about. I've been using old jet rod
for now.

I was turning a spindle on the jet when new machine arrived. Took it
off jet and put on Nova...can't believe the difference...no vibration or
noise. YEE HA

Thanks

L Bledsoe

You should have received a bar to loosen the headstock lockdown to
rotated the headstock. That is also the knockout bar.

Fred Holder
http://www.morewoodturning.net
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 17:21:08 -0400, LBledsoe wrote:

I just received and set up my new Nova DVR XP. Why is there no knock out
rod? Is there a trick I don't know about. I've been using old jet rod
for now.

I was turning a spindle on the jet when new machine arrived. Took it
off jet and put on Nova...can't believe the difference...no vibration or
noise. YEE HA

Thanks

L Bledsoe

Must be in the box somewhere?

I don't use mine, though...

Not sure which jet you have, but I prefer the rod from my Jet 1442 over the one
that came with the Nova..
The rod from the Jet works fine and is lighter, easier to store/handle and they
put a KNOB on the end.. lol

I've found that the handiest place to store it, since it has a KNOB, (very small
peeve), is to drop it through one of the holes in the headstock lock..
Keeps it out of the way and since the most common use I have for the rod is to
turn the lock, I can always find it ;-]

Enjoy your lathe... It's a great one..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

a relatively dumb question i'm sure... unclescrooge Woodworking 32 July 4th 08 02:41 PM
Dumb question? [email protected] Home Repair 8 August 29th 07 02:03 AM
Dumb question No Clue Electronic Schematics 23 May 2nd 07 04:05 PM
Dumb question? anthony Home Repair 14 April 5th 07 04:04 PM
Dumb question [email protected] Home Repair 7 April 5th 05 04:18 PM