Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Making custom tools

Being a little bit of a packrat, over the years I've collected a bunch of
tools. I have several old and mistreated (but not over heated) lathe tools
that I can reshape into some custom profiles. I was eyeing up some beat
screwdrivers in my junk box and wondering about the suitability of any of
those for some mini tools. Has anyone here had luck doing this? Shaping,
tempering (if necessary), and using?

What sort of stock is good to use for homemade tools?

Ed