Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Thanks to Don for the wood

One of the other regulars, and I, besides being woodturners, are
RVers. Well, we got together this past weekend for a "get-
together" (along with a few other RVers). While there Don and I
exchanged some wood. I think I got, by far, the better of the deal.
Some Osage Orange, Camphor, Locus, Teak, etc.
http://pics.livejournal.com/hrollaug/pic/0002zhk3.jpg

TTFN
Ralph
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Ralph wrote:

One of the other regulars, and I, besides being woodturners, are
RVers. Well, we got together this past weekend for a "get-
together" (along with a few other RVers). While there Don and I
exchanged some wood. I think I got, by far, the better of the deal.
Some Osage Orange, Camphor, Locus, Teak, etc.
http://pics.livejournal.com/hrollaug/pic/0002zhk3.jpg

TTFN
Ralph

Ralph,

I feel like it was a fair deal. I don't often get fruitwoods that large.
I am looking forward to getting it home.

How did that osage block out for you? I looked at the picture, but can't
really tell.

I look forward to future campouts and wood trading with you. We are
still at Wenatchie Park, added two more days, so we will leave tomorrow.
Don and Joy leave tomorrow as well.

Don

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On May 13, 4:39*pm, Don Murray wrote:
I feel like it was a fair deal. I don't often get fruitwoods that large.
I am looking forward to getting it home.

You probably don't want to know I have a 3 cu cart full of large
apple from -this- year, plus what is left of last years. The only
thing I am really running short on is nut wood (and I have a line on
some new walnut)

How did that osage block out for you? I looked at the picture, but can't
really tell.

Well, I think I got about half a dozen bowl blanks, plus the ends
for box blanks. I was able to slice the wood along the natural splits
for much of the log.

Did you talk to Allen? He has two -LARGE- black walnuts that need
to come down, the problem is, he has to block part of the road in
front of his house to do it! (it's a four-lane main road)