Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JD JD is offline

Default Cedar

I've a wood pile full of eastern cedar (and 2 more large trees to take
down). Problems is I've developed a hatred for this beautiful wood. I
can't for the life of me get a gloss finish on the blasted stuff.
Well, that's not true either, there is a beautiful finish on 2 sides,
but the end grain sides suck the finish up like a straw.

Anyone got any ideas? I've buffed wax on the bowls in the past with
good results, but the folks around here are asking for a hard, high-
gloss finish. Any help would be much appreciated.

JD