Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Steebar

Greetings,
Has anybody in the group purchased any tools or supplies from Steebar? If
so, how were they to deal with?
Thanks,
Hank
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I use to deal with Steebar all the time, and had positive comments
about them, until about a year ago. I placed an order for pen and
bottle stopper kits, that I desperately needed for Christmas orders.
Everything was delivered within a day, except one kit. I instead got a
note saying it was backordered, and would arrive in 10 days. Well, 10
days came and went, and no kits. After about 3 weeks, I contacted Chip
(the owner) by phone. He apologized, and said the order would go out
that day. A week went by, and nothing. I tried calling him again, and
didn't get an answer. Sent email. Nothing. Sent email a couple more
times, and still nothing.

I ended up ordering the parts from Penn State Industries, and had them
3 days later.

I have not (and will not) ordered from Steebar since.

Tom, from NJ