Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Henry St.Pierre[_2_] Henry St.Pierre[_2_] is offline

Default Steebar

wrote in
ups.com:

I use to deal with Steebar all the time, and had positive comments
about them, until about a year ago. I placed an order for pen and
bottle stopper kits, that I desperately needed for Christmas orders.
Everything was delivered within a day, except one kit. I instead got a
note saying it was backordered, and would arrive in 10 days. Well, 10
days came and went, and no kits. After about 3 weeks, I contacted Chip
(the owner) by phone. He apologized, and said the order would go out
that day. A week went by, and nothing. I tried calling him again, and
didn't get an answer. Sent email. Nothing. Sent email a couple more
times, and still nothing.

I ended up ordering the parts from Penn State Industries, and had them
3 days later.

I have not (and will not) ordered from Steebar since.

Tom, from NJ

Tom,
Thanks for the info.
Hank