Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Bradford Pear Bowl and Stand

Trying again to post a picture in ABPW.

GWR
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Nice Gerald,
Please tell us the secret to avoid cracking.........or did you rough it a
while back and recently turn it. I have had real good luck with turning
green bradford pear for small christmas ornaments and the like but not so
for the bowls that size. I have not yet tried the LDD (liquid dishwashing
detergent) with it but will someday.
Thanks Lyndell

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Trying again to post a picture in ABPW.

GWR

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Lyndell Thompson wrote:
Nice Gerald,
Please tell us the secret to avoid cracking.........or did you rough it a
while back and recently turn it. I have had real good luck with turning
green bradford pear for small christmas ornaments and the like but not so
for the bowls that size. I have not yet tried the LDD (liquid dishwashing
detergent) with it but will someday.
Thanks Lyndell

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Trying again to post a picture in ABPW.

GWR

I rough turn them to thickness about 1/10 the diameter, bag
them until dry (usually 3-4 months), Re-cut the dovetail
recess to make it round again and just turn and finish. Very
seldom have I had a crack.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Smokey the Bear says, 'Strip mining
prevents forest fires!'

Bowl with stand Gerald Ross Woodturning 12 April 13th 07 10:34 PM
Bradford peartree logs question Will Woodturning 5 March 4th 07 11:00 PM
Simple stand to trim bowl blanks with a chain saw [email protected] Woodturning 9 February 16th 07 12:04 PM
Screwfix Counter in Bradford F UK diy 8 December 5th 06 10:38 PM
First en boule - Bradford Pear charlie b Woodworking 10 March 20th 06 06:46 AM