Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Pine-Sol smell

I picked a block out of my wood cupboard-a burl of something, but I couldnąt
remember what.

I started turning and was almost overcome by the pine-sol scent. Any ideas
what wood?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Robert Drebit wrote:
I picked a block out of my wood cupboard-a burl of something, but I
couldn’t remember what.

I started turning and was almost overcome by the pine-sol scent. Any
ideas what wood?

Sounds like Jummy-wood.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Smokey the Bear says, 'Strip mining
prevents forest fires!'

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Robert

Catalpa has a distinct oily/painthiner/turpentine smell.
Fairly lightweight and softer wood, still turns quite nice.
Got a picture of a Catalpa bowl on the end of this photo album, might
be some help for you.

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum30.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Norfolk pine Junior Woodturning 8 November 30th 06 06:44 AM
Poplar instead of pine? Jimmy Woodworking 10 September 3rd 06 05:39 AM
White pine vs. Yellow pine PVR Woodworking 13 April 24th 05 05:19 PM
What type of wood is easier to router - plywood, pine, or pine laminate C. Bailey Woodworking 3 March 18th 04 02:45 PM
What type of Pine for the "Rustic" pine look? Pops Woodworking 7 October 15th 03 05:57 PM