Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
cm cm is offline

Default Vicmarc mini lathe+ For Sale!

Hello all,

I posted this about a week ago and have now lowered the price and added
several accessories. Including a drill chuck, two chisels, and a Delta
grinder. Almost everything you need to start turning now!

I am selling my Vicmarc VL-100 mini lathe that has never been used. I bought
it 2
or 3 years ago. It is similar to the Jet and Delta mini lathes but the
quality is better. I am also including a new motor, old style Nova chuck
(new), and whatever accessories came with it new. It has never even been
set up for use. I am located in Gilbert, Arizona. No shipping at this time.
Asking $290 or best offer for all.

Link to lathe pictures and included accessories:
http://www.azcraig.us/Stuff_for_sale_.html

Here is a link to the specs:
http://www.vicmarc.com:80/Page.php?P...hes&LatheId=17

Thanks,

Craig

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Very sadly I am in the UK and the voltage is different and shipping
would cost a fortune but a friend of mine has one of these and I have
used it a few times. I think this is probably the best small lathe on
the market and at that price, I would think people would be snapping
your hands off. Even 2nd hand, you would be paying about $1100 over
here, for what is on offer.

I hope that this recommendation helps to persuade someone but if you
want a full time user's view, top UK professional John Berkeley uses
these lathes all the time. Ask him what he thinks and if that doesn't
convince you what a good buy it is, you need help. John is available
through his website at www.johnberkeley.co.uk

Kindest regards

Paul

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:48:20 GMT, "cm"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Craig

I would love to have your little Vic., but 3000 miles is a little far
to ship or to fetch, so I put your "for sale" sign up on Wood Central,
there might be some closer to you turners, interested in your lathe.
Good luck

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

cm wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
cm cm is offline

Thanks for the help guys. I have mixed feelings about selling it but my wife
is taking a cancer drug that is $65.00 per tablet after insurance and we
could use the cash. I would survive with out selling it but it would help
out.She is doing well and the prognosis is very good.

Thanks,

Craig
"cm" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I would take it, but just bought two JET Mini's . . Me and the wife . . If
anyone anywhere is interested, you could just drop it at a Pack & Ship store
in your area. They will box and ship it for just a few dollars more than you
could yourself . .

That may help you sell it . .

Steve

"cm" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
cm cm is offline

I was not having luck selling locally so the lathe is now on eBay with a
flat shipping rate for the USA.

Thanks for your interest,

Craig

ups.com...