Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Info request Slightly off topic

I have been watching the video clips at www.thewoodworkingchannel.com and
thoroughly enjoyed them. I have also picked up a few tips as well. (Heck
no, not a few, a lot) My request is can anyone tell me how to download
these videos so that I can look at them any time I want instead of waiting
for them to be repeated, which always happens at the wrong time.?
Thank you guys in advance for any replies.

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I don't believe you can. When they first started I tried and even sent
an email to them. Their response was basiclly, no. you can't. Unless
something has changed....can't do it. I agree, it would be awesome, but
at this point, no dice. I'm spoiled with my tivo ;-)

T. Dougall wrote:
I have been watching the video clips at www.thewoodworkingchannel.com and
thoroughly enjoyed them. I have also picked up a few tips as well. (Heck
no, not a few, a lot) My request is can anyone tell me how to download
these videos so that I can look at them any time I want instead of waiting
for them to be repeated, which always happens at the wrong time.?
Thank you guys in advance for any replies.

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

T. Dougall wrote:
I have been watching the video clips at www.thewoodworkingchannel.com and
thoroughly enjoyed them. I have also picked up a few tips as well. (Heck
no, not a few, a lot) My request is can anyone tell me how to download
these videos so that I can look at them any time I want instead of waiting
for them to be repeated, which always happens at the wrong time.?
Thank you guys in advance for any replies.

Tom

As with any thing. If you really try you can do it. I have no interest
in downloading the videos. But, if you go to GOOGLE and search for
"capture streaming video" you will find information and programs. If
your cheap search for "capture streaming video freeware".

As stated by Tom. The videos are copyrighted. So downloading them may
not be illegal. Capturing and displaying the videos in public or selling
them, may be illegal.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:12:16 GMT, "T. Dougall"
wrote:

I have been watching the video clips at www.thewoodworkingchannel.com and
thoroughly enjoyed them. I have also picked up a few tips as well. (Heck
no, not a few, a lot) My request is can anyone tell me how to download
these videos so that I can look at them any time I want instead of waiting
for them to be repeated, which always happens at the wrong time.?
Thank you guys in advance for any replies.

Doesn't always work, but you could try checking your brower's
temporary internet files. Sometimes it stores the whole file there
for caching purposes, and you can copy it to another location before
it is automatically deleted.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I wondered the same thing and tried the search. I found Camtasia Studio
3 will record the audio and video. I tried others and they captured
the video but no sound. I make .mov files to watch later. Problem is
you watch the program and then have questions and have to wait for it to
come on again. I liked Bergersons "scoops" but had to watch it several
times to understand or have the measurements. Same with the
American Woodshop. I think is was called braceback chairs. I have not
been able to find the video to buy as he gives dimensions as the program
is shown. Camtasia is not cheap but does have a 30 day trial to see if
it works for you.

Bruce