Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Newbie

Hi Everyone,

Just signed up for the group and wanted to introduce myself.

I am Peoriz, Arizona. I like all kinds of carving, and am active in
caraicature, relief, chip, power, and bust carving. I'm also looking
into chainsaw carving.

I am an active member of the National Woodcarvers Association, and
present carving demonstrations and teach carving classes at our local
Woodcraft store in Chandler, AZ.

I have a web site up if anyone is interested in seeing some of my work.
It changes almost weekly as I add more items to it. The address is
//members.cox.net/awright165. Drop by anytime and send me an email
with any questions or comments about the web site.

Looking forward to being a member of the group.

Thanks,
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Art
Welcome to the old rec.woot turning

Arizona you say ??, you carving cacti ??, I thought trees where few and
far between ??
Had to pull your leg some, ;-)))
Tried your given E-mail address, but it seems to be incomplete or else
I'm not computersharp enough.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Desert Rat wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just signed up for the group and wanted to introduce myself.

I am Peoriz, Arizona. I like all kinds of carving, and am active in
caraicature, relief, chip, power, and bust carving. I'm also looking
into chainsaw carving.

I am an active member of the National Woodcarvers Association, and
present carving demonstrations and teach carving classes at our local
Woodcraft store in Chandler, AZ.

I have a web site up if anyone is interested in seeing some of my work.
It changes almost weekly as I add more items to it. The address is
//members.cox.net/awright165. Drop by anytime and send me an email
with any questions or comments about the web site.

Looking forward to being a member of the group.

Thanks,
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Desert Rat" writes:

Looking forward to being a member of the group.

Welcome! Just remember to have fun, and forget the idiots.

Your kill file is your friend!

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Try

http://members.cox.net/awright165

Worked for me.

Nice stuff!

ps.com...

Desert Rat wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just signed up for the group and wanted to introduce myself.

I am Peoriz, Arizona. I like all kinds of carving, and am active in
caraicature, relief, chip, power, and bust carving. I'm also looking
into chainsaw carving.

I am an active member of the National Woodcarvers Association, and
present carving demonstrations and teach carving classes at our local
Woodcraft store in Chandler, AZ.

I have a web site up if anyone is interested in seeing some of my work.
It changes almost weekly as I add more items to it. The address is
//members.cox.net/awright165. Drop by anytime and send me an email
with any questions or comments about the web site.

Looking forward to being a member of the group.

Thanks,
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

You got it Mike.

There is not much wood availabe locally although I haven't tried
turning cacti. I do make walking sticks and cane from yucca and such.
Got to watch those thorns.

I order most of my wood, and/or go to Woodworkers Source to purchase
what I need.
This is a little hard to get used to for a hillbilly from West
Virginia. We have almost every major species of tree there.

Thanks for the welcome.

Art

Desert Rat wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just signed up for the group and wanted to introduce myself.

I am Peoriz, Arizona. I like all kinds of carving, and am active in
caraicature, relief, chip, power, and bust carving. I'm also looking
into chainsaw carving.

I am an active member of the National Woodcarvers Association, and
present carving demonstrations and teach carving classes at our local
Woodcraft store in Chandler, AZ.

I have a web site up if anyone is interested in seeing some of my work.
It changes almost weekly as I add more items to it. The address is
//members.cox.net/awright165. Drop by anytime and send me an email
with any questions or comments about the web site.

Looking forward to being a member of the group.

Thanks,
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Thanks Mike, that does work, I thought I used www and also http, must
have done something wrong,
and yes agree nice stuff.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Mike Mac wrote:
Try

http://members.cox.net/awright165

Worked for me.

Nice stuff!

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:40:59 -0700, Desert Rat wrote:

I order most of my wood, and/or go to Woodworkers Source to purchase
what I need.
This is a little hard to get used to for a hillbilly from West
Virginia. We have almost every major species of tree there.

Thanks for the welcome.

Art

Art ... a rowdy 'hello' from Bill (in Detroit). I was born in Mullens, WV
a LONG time ago ... my folks are mostly from around Ghent, Flattop and
Beckley area. My Dad helped dig Flattop lake ancient years ago.

At any rate, welcome. Put on some Nomex britches and post away!

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Art
Nice looking site. Welcome to the group. I came to turning after or
during carving too. Careful, this is so addictive the carving can take a
seat wayyyyyy back. Ignore Bruce's comments about the idiots. I am not
that bad :-)

God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I'm from the War, WV area, near Bluefield and Welch.
Always good to hear from a fellow mountaineer.
Are you familiar with Tom Wolf's work? He lives in NC now but is from
WV. His is a carver and has written a lot of books about he subject.

Keep Turnin.

Art

On Oct 18, 6:08 pm, "Bill" wrote:
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:40:59 -0700, Desert Rat wrote:
I order most of my wood, and/or go to Woodworkers Source to purchase
what I need.
This is a little hard to get used to for a hillbilly from West
Virginia. We have almost every major species of tree there.

Thanks for the welcome.

ArtArt ... a rowdy 'hello' from Bill (in Detroit). I was born in Mullens, WV

a LONG time ago ... my folks are mostly from around Ghent, Flattop and
Beckley area. My Dad helped dig Flattop lake ancient years ago.

At any rate, welcome. Put on some Nomex britches and post away!

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Yep, I know. I have turned some bowls, pens, and handles. I have a
Legacy 900 milling machine that I use for spindle work, and making
moldings, canes, and walking sticks. I intend to dedicate my lath to
bowl turning.

Thanks for the nice comments about the web site. I will be adding
items to as I get them finished. I'll post a message when I add the
items.

Keep the chips flying.

Art

On Oct 19, 6:58 am, Darrell Feltmate
wrote:
Art
Nice looking site. Welcome to the group. I came to turning after or
during carving too. Careful, this is so addictive the carving can take a
seat wayyyyyy back. Ignore Bruce's comments about the idiots. I am not
that bad :-)

God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canadawww.aroundthewoods.com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Welcome Art. Glad you joined in. Looking forward to your input. I figure
that what one idiot can do another can, so I keep on posting my
'galimatias'.

ps. been waiting for a chance to show off using that word.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

And thanks for doing so Arch, I think ;-)))
It almost get a little chilly here sometimes, and now I have to look
that up, GALIMATIAS ???

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo