Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default finsih confusion

I'm very confused by finish.
I use the shellawax friction polish system along with EEE.
I'm hearing that I should using sanding sealer inbetween coats after the
600 grit stage to help things out.
I see many kinds of sanding sealer on the market...
BLO
Deft
Minwax
Mylands
but nobody seems to know for sure which one and why. The minwax takes 2
hours to dry it says. BLO says wipe on and then wipe off excess.
I'd really appreciate some structure on this. Ideally I'd like a mirror
finish on my pens, but want the 'feel' of wood too. So i've been
steering away from CA/BLO as a finish.

Troy