Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Buffing System

In article ,
Jimbo wrote:

I recently bought the Beall 3 part buffing system as a few of you have
recommended here. Works great! I love the results.

The only thing I don't like is having to change the wheels each time.

I have seen a picture on somebody's web site that I cant remember
where but it showed all 3 wheels on one spindle powered on the lathe.
Or I am open to other suggestions too!

Two cheap/free double-shaft motors - or 3, and you can set up the goblet
buffs on the opposite end, and mount the whole on one of those rotating
triangle stands... Not that I've done that yet (some days, you could
practically afford to do it with two or 3 old shopsmiths and have
double-shaft variable speed - some days they go cheap...)

I dislike the geometry of the 3 on one shaft arrangement as far as
getting the inside of bowls, and I do bowls. If you don't care about
insides, it may not matter much.