Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default I will not be demonstrating this year at The Woodworking Shows...

Hello Friends,

As many of you know, for the last several years I have demonstrated
woodturning techniques across the United States at The Woodworking Shows.
Through the years, I have had the privilege to meet many of you on this
newsgroup and share a wee bit about our shared love of woodturning. However,
when the new season starts in a week or so, I will not be demonstrating
woodturning, as I'm told the woodturning sponsor did not renew my specific
demonstration area. I'm sure there will be some type of woodturning demos
for the new season, but I do not know the specifics.

I would like to personally thank officers and directors of The Woodworking
Shows and its staff for the last five years that I was associated with the
show. Also, for the many corporate sponsors over the years that helped to
bring woodturning to The Woodworking Shows, by sponsoring my woodturning
demonstration area. A very big thanks as well to James and Rita of JR Expo
Services, whose tireless efforts to transport my equipment every week from
show to show, was very much appreciated.

In my demonstrations, numerous woodworkers over the years have told me that
they had never turned before, but after seeing my demonstration, wanted to
start turning wood. That was a special honour for me, as I believe we all
share the desire to be the catalyst that inspires someone to become a
woodturner. Years ago, before I opened my studio, John Jordan's work
inspired be to renew my interest in woodturning and open my studio, Eurowood
Werks. He continues to inspire me, as do many of the other woodturners I
have met through the years.

After almost eleven years and 1,746 woodturning demonstrations to date, my
interest in woodturning is stronger than ever and it continues to grow.
Woodturning is well know for being addictive and it's an addiction none of
us wants to "cure." My time at The Woodworking Shows was truly a singular
pleasure for me and it will be hard not to see you folks on a regular basis
anymore. So many of you have become an extended "family" to me and I'm truly
honoured to call you my friends.

As for me, I'm busier than ever with studio projects, including completing
my third and newest woodturning e-book and two new DVD videos on
woodturning. Also, I'm finally getting a website up in running and I will
let you know when it is online. Thanks again to all of you who have helped
me so much through the years, for stopping by my demo booth to say "HI" and
for supporting my studio's educational efforts through attendance at my live
demonstrations and through purchasing my e-Books and DVD videos. Take care
and all the best to you and yours!
--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio, The Woodlands, Texas
Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning
Industries

³Woodturning with Steven D. Russell²
Volume #1 CD ROM e-Book * Available for Shipment
Volume #2 CD ROM e-Book/DVD Video * Available for Shipment
Volume #3 Double DVD Video on Bowl Turning * Available for Shipment

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Steve
Good to hear from you on the group again. Too bad about the demos but it
sounds like you have enough to keep you busy :-) Hope to see your name up
here more often.
______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"Steve Russell" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article ,
Steve Russell wrote:

Hello Friends,
..

Good to see you back active posting, but sorry I will not be seeing you
(again) at this years show. But if it means more "how to" DVDs, I'm not
going to complain

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

Pineywood Race - without bogus name Tom Watson Woodworking 18 January 25th 06 04:46 AM
Pineywood Xylem Woodworking 6 December 23rd 05 02:16 AM
Book to teach 9 year old basic woodworking skills Julian Thornhill UK diy 5 November 26th 03 01:50 AM
Is there a FAQ? Neil Woods Woodworking 4 August 21st 03 05:46 PM
SF Bay Area Woodworking Open House Jeff Woodworking 1 August 3rd 03 12:10 AM