Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default poly v motor belt mentioned in some previous post

a couple of months ago someone reccomended "the best" poly v belt
company. (maybe george) i just realized today that the time has come
order a new belt for my lathe. the problem is i cant seem tto find the
link. anyone rememeber or know about a good quality source for belts.
thanx

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Highland Hardware carries a red link belt which is supposed to run smoother
but best of all can be put on without removing the shaft, as is required on
some old models with the factory supplied v belt. Highlandhardware.com

"bizHB" wrote in message
ups.com...
a couple of months ago someone reccomended "the best" poly v belt
company. (maybe george) i just realized today that the time has come
order a new belt for my lathe. the problem is i cant seem tto find the
link. anyone rememeber or know about a good quality source for belts.
thanx

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I got my belt from Graingers. They sell a 72" piece of the stuff in various
widths. It was originally invented to be a an emergency belt for factories.
Maintenance people could loop it around quickly and get a machine back up and
running in 10 minutes. The idea was that they'd only have to stock a few of
these. Then, a proper belt would be ordered and installed, and the link belt
returned to the maintenance room. What they discovered was that they ran
smoother and just as long (or longer) as a regular belt, so they began leaving
them on.

Highland Hardware carries a red link belt which is supposed to run smoother
but best of all can be put on without removing the shaft, as is required on
some old models with the factory supplied v belt. Highlandhardware.com

"bizHB" wrote in message
ups.com...
a couple of months ago someone reccomended "the best" poly v belt
company. (maybe george) i just realized today that the time has come
order a new belt for my lathe. the problem is i cant seem tto find the
link. anyone rememeber or know about a good quality source for belts.
thanx

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

still searching... their belts were green if that helps. i checks all
the reccomendations and it doesnt look like them. and i cant find what
i need in those places.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Everything you need at the link

http://www.fennerdrives.com/

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

bizHB wrote:
a couple of months ago someone reccomended "the best" poly v belt
company. (maybe george) i just realized today that the time has come
order a new belt for my lathe. the problem is i cant seem tto find the
link. anyone rememeber or know about a good quality source for belts.
thanx

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Just a note on terminology. These adjustable belts are sometimes called
link belts.

A poly-v belt is like the serpentine belt on a car and has many small
grooves and ridges.

ups.com...