Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus

Default Reeve's Drive slipping

Hello all,

I'm in the middle of turning a big maple bowl, and being constantly
irritated with my VS drive. As I'm turning, the speed of my lathe
slowly drops to it's lowest setting, and I have to turn it back up
every couple of minutes or so.

The lathe is over 20 years old, so the drive may need a tune-up, but
the manual Delta sent me is just about useless. Anyone have some tips
or a link to an article about common maintainance on a mechanical
variable speed system? My manual says the speed should lock in, but
there's no locking going on, and they don't mention any possible
adjustments.