Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus

Default Reeve's Drive slipping

"Check the pin in the handle that should be doing the locking.

I was just messing around in Google when I saw your post ... I don't
know what this reply will look like in a normal newsreader so I am
pasting enough text to identify the parent. And yeah, I top-posted.

Bill"

On Sun, 7 May 2006 09:08:01 -0400, "Dan Bollinger"
wrote:

I agree, the culprit is probably the over-center lock on the handle. This pulls
on the cable that adjusts the jackshaft position. There is a tension adjustment
somewhere on the handle, perhaps inside, forget where, its been 20 years since I
used one.

I'll take a look at this today- maybe I'll get around to tightening up
my banjo a little, too. Thanks for the pointers.