Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JRJohnson

Default Who is the Aussie turner who makes the "Erosion" pieces?

The subject line says it all. This is not turning, but he does turn also.
These pieces are large, rectangular (more or less) and look as if water has
bubbled up from the center and washed furrows in the pieces. Dramatic.

Anyone know, let me know.
Thanks,
James Johnson

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph

JRJohnson wrote:

The subject line says it all. This is not turning, but he does turn also.
These pieces are large, rectangular (more or less) and look as if water has
bubbled up from the center and washed furrows in the pieces. Dramatic.

Anyone know, let me know.
Thanks,
James Johnson

Is ther any place we can view his work?
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JRJohnson

"Ralph" wrote in message
JRJohnson wrote:

The subject line says it all. This is not turning, but he does turn

also.
These pieces are large, rectangular (more or less) and look as if water

has
bubbled up from the center and washed furrows in the pieces. Dramatic.

Anyone know, let me know.
Thanks,
James Johnson

Is ther any place we can view his work?

Ralph, if I had a website, I would have the information I need. Sorry, if
someone knows about him, and lets us know, we can all view it. Hopefully.
James

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dvivian

I did a google search of the words "aussie woodturner erosion" and it
came back with the name of Neil Scobie, I couldnt find a website for
him. But I found an example of his work here
http://www.sydneywoodturners.com.au/...ners/neil.html

Donald Vivian
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Dvivian wrote:

I did a google search of the words "aussie woodturner erosion" and it
came back with the name of Neil Scobie, I couldnt find a website for
him. But I found an example of his work here
http://www.sydneywoodturners.com.au/...turn2002/image
s/turners/neil.html

Donald Vivian

DAGS Neil Scobie and you turn up quite a bit more. Including the fact that
he is scheduled to demo an Erosion Bowl at AAW this year.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Fred Holder

Both Neil Scobie and his wife Liz demonstrated at the Utah Woodturning Symposium
in 2005. I don't believe that they have a web site. He turns and she paints or
decorates his turned pieces to make some pretty nice art.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com

In article hC%xf.1000$Zo.313@trnddc07, Lobby Dosser says...

Dvivian wrote:

I did a google search of the words "aussie woodturner erosion" and it
came back with the name of Neil Scobie, I couldnt find a website for
him. But I found an example of his work here
http://www.sydneywoodturners.com.au/...turn2002/image
s/turners/neil.html

Donald Vivian

DAGS Neil Scobie and you turn up quite a bit more. Including the fact that
he is scheduled to demo an Erosion Bowl at AAW this year.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JRJohnson

That is the guy. I spent a couple of hours on Google trying various
combinations of "Aussie" Woodturner and "Erosion" without ever finding him,
so I appreciate the leads.

I have some live oak burl slabs that I want to do similar work in, so I
really was looking to steal his ideas. Is that fair?

Thanks again to the group. You guys came thru once again!!

Regards, James Johnson

Dvivian wrote:

I did a google search of the words "aussie woodturner erosion" and it
came back with the name of Neil Scobie, I couldnt find a website for
him. But I found an example of his work here
http://www.sydneywoodturners.com.au/...turn2002/image
s/turners/neil.html

Donald Vivian

DAGS Neil Scobie and you turn up quite a bit more. Including the fact

that
he is scheduled to demo an Erosion Bowl at AAW this year.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Alan

You can find references and images of Neil's work in the September and
December Newsletters:

http://www.sydneywoodturners.com.au/...hern/info.html

Regards,
Alan

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:05:04 GMT, "JRJohnson"
wrote:

The subject line says it all. This is not turning, but he does turn also.
These pieces are large, rectangular (more or less) and look as if water has
bubbled up from the center and washed furrows in the pieces. Dramatic.

Anyone know, let me know.
Thanks,
James Johnson

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JRJohnson

Fred and all;
After receiving the help from the group, I searched and found this site:
www.users.bigpond.com/scobies/site/welcome.htm This site has some of the
Scobies pieces shown.

Again, thanks to all.