Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Thom Sayles

Default Just like you

Jim and I are on the net and found a guy that sounds like you, so we copied
his musings. Here they are.
Mac's Musings

My interests and purposes
At age 83, I have acquired many biased and erroneous yet firmly held
opinions. I have had a lifetime of happy and not so happy experiences. I
will share some of them here with hopes that your response will not only
help to correct my mistaken opinions and errors of judgment, but also will
reinforce the good things. The contents of this hash of unrelated musings
are strictly my own. I have no wish to aggravate or inflame anyone and my
attitudes are likely to change often. Please respond in the same vein. Arch

Thom and Jimmie

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe

In article ,
"Thom Sayles" wrote:

Jim and I are on the net and found a guy that sounds like you, so we copied
his musings. Here they are.
Mac's Musings

My interests and purposes
At age 83, I have acquired many biased and erroneous yet firmly held
opinions. I have had a lifetime of happy and not so happy experiences. I
will share some of them here with hopes that your response will not only
help to correct my mistaken opinions and errors of judgment, but also will
reinforce the good things. The contents of this hash of unrelated musings
are strictly my own. I have no wish to aggravate or inflame anyone and my
attitudes are likely to change often. Please respond in the same vein. Arch

Thom and Jimmie

I guess this has flown right over my head... I don't get it. Yeah, you
posted Arch's musings web page... and?

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Place a sign, easily seen as you switch on your lathe, warning you to remove any and all rings from your fingers. Called degloving, extended hardware can grab your ring and rip it off your finger. A pic for the strong of stomach: www.itim.nsw.gov.au/go/objectid/2A3AC703-1321-1C29-70B067DC88E16BFC/index.cfm

Besides, rings can easily mar the surface of a turning as you check for finished smoothness.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Owen Lowe wrote:

In article ,
"Thom Sayles" wrote:

Jim and I are on the net and found a guy that sounds like you, so we
copied his musings. Here they are.
Mac's Musings

My interests and purposes
At age 83, I have acquired many biased and erroneous yet
firmly held
opinions. I have had a lifetime of happy and not so happy
experiences. I will share some of them here with hopes that your
response will not only help to correct my mistaken opinions and
errors of judgment, but also will reinforce the good things. The
contents of this hash of unrelated musings are strictly my own. I
have no wish to aggravate or inflame anyone and my attitudes are
likely to change often. Please respond in the same vein. Arch

Thom and Jimmie

I guess this has flown right over my head... I don't get it. Yeah, you
posted Arch's musings web page... and?

Methinks they were trying to e-mail it to another COC. Perhaps an
(cough,cough) elderly relative. Difficult to discern whether or not they
approve, disapprove, or just did it out of sympathy. :0)
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
WConner

"Methinks they were trying to e-mail it to another COC. Perhaps an
(cough,cough) elderly relative"

Perhaps, if you are lucky, you may live long enough to be elderly. :0)

Walt Conner

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

"WConner" wrote:

"Methinks they were trying to e-mail it to another COC. Perhaps an
(cough,cough) elderly relative"

Perhaps, if you are lucky, you may live long enough to be elderly.
:0)

I'm hoping so. Arch only has about 20 years on me and my dad made it to
95.

Walt Conner