Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dick

Default Woodturned Toys

Can anyone recommend a website with toy making projects please.

Dick

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Dick:

May have waited just a touch too long, eh?

At any rate, I don't know of a site, but there were some books at
Woodcraft last time I was there showing '30s style racers (cigar
bodies), tops, and a few other things.

If you live in a city with an internet search link for your library,
you can search the library and they will probably have something.

I found an old copy of "Making Toys On Your Lathe" or some such, and I
gave it away. I has some small cars, a yo yo, tops, a checker set,
whatever that game is called where you have a ball on a string you try
to get in a cup, and a few other odds and ends that just don't interest
kids these days.

Did you dogpile or google this?

Robert

Member

Location: Halesworth, Suffolk.uk
Wink

Hi

I don't know if any of these come under toys, but check out this link
http://www.woodturningonline.com/Tur..._projects.html

Hope theirs something there for you
Mark
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dick

Thanks Guys. I have looked at a couple of books in our Woodturning
Club Library but neither had the projects I am looking for. Neither
does the web site suggested above.

I have here a picture of a little person on a tricycle, a string of
ducks, a grasshopper, and a rabbit - all made from turned wood. I was
hoping to find a web site. But a book may need to be purchased.

Any further suggestions?

Dick

As the Wood Turns: Woodturned Objects by Contemporary Artists Matt Heffron Woodturning 0 November 27th 05 04:10 AM
making charity toys for foster/lost/abused kids -have designs? res055a5 Woodworking 0 January 20th 05 04:45 PM
wooden toys jake Woodworking 8 October 24th 04 01:00 AM
free plans for toys? ross Woodworking 7 July 29th 04 09:40 PM
Interesting toys and such C Woodworking 1 January 15th 04 01:54 PM