Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Jim Staley

Default CA glue

Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue from
sticking to it. I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use
tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Did you seal the mdf with something first before the wax? Wax is used
as an ingredient in mold releases, and should work if it stays on the
surface, and if there is enough of it there.
I would try shellac or laquer to seal the mdf first.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

"Jim Staley" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue
from sticking to it. I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't
use tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

How about the UHMW tapes? Pretty much everyone sells 'em to make things
slippery.

Either that, or you could try the frugal approach and use milk-bottle
pieces, I guess.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bjarte Runderheim

"Jim Staley" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue
from sticking to it. I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't
use tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Never tried, but if need be, I think i would try silconespray.

Bjarte

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
David C. Stone

In article , Bjarte Runderheim
wrote:

"Jim Staley" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue
from sticking to it. I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't
use tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Never tried, but if need be, I think i would try silconespray.

Bjarte

What about wax paper (the kind used for baking)? Works for regular
wood glues, anyway...

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

dip the MDF into anchorseal or whatever waxy substance you use to seal
end-grain. Another thing is to grease it - boil it in lard, or soak
it in old oil from your car - even CA glue won't stick to oil. or
soap for that matter, or water - you could cover hte MDF with a layer
of ice

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 02:08:52 GMT, "Jim Staley"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue from
sticking to it. I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use
tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com