Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
AHilton

Default Turning Tips Server for your websites

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know about a new little website
tool to help streamline parts of the websites that I maintain. It's called
the "Turning Tips Auto-Generator".

Basically, you can connect up to it from your website so that it serves up
woodturning-specific tips, techniques and information to your site viewers
automatically. All you have to do is just place some code in your HTML page
where you'd like the tips to show and with each "hit", it'll deliver a new
tip to your viewers. I and several other turners, woodworkers, finishing
experts, etc. are constantly adding to the database and keeping things fresh
and up-to-date.

There's no advertising, pop-ups, fees, malicious code, or anything else that
I wouldn't want on my own websites (because I use this on all of those
too!). Currently, the size of the tips are small (under 250 characters) but
there may be options for more detailed tips, pictures, drawings, projects,
etc. in the future. There's some customization provided (say, only giving
finishing tips, for example) and probably more of that sort of thing as time
goes on.

More information and some coding examples can be found at the following
link. If there are any comments, questions, concerns or help needed, please
go to the link. It'll all be handled there.

www.HiltonHandcraft.com/TurningTips/

I hope the rest of the community can get some use from it as well.

- Andy
Hilton Handcraft of the Ozarks
www.HiltonHandcraft.com