Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe

Default FS: Don Pencil face plates 1"x8tpi

Hello all.
I'm selling two Don Pencil 3" face plates fitting a 1"x 8 thread
spindle. They are in good, used condition - one has two marks through
the anodizing where a misplaced tool left its signature; the other is
pretty clean with only a couple little nicks to the blue around the
"nose". Both of these are from before Don added the breaker bar holes in
the rim - and are dark blue in color. (It should be easy to drill them,
I just never had the need.) I'm looking to get $30 for the pair and will
cover the shipping to anywhere in the 48 - we can figure out a mailing
price to other locales if need be.

These were used as dedicated vacuum chuck mounts so don't have any wear
in the screw holes from mounting and unmounting from turning blocks. I
upgraded my lathe and these won't fit the new one - but in replacing
them, I again chose Pencil faceplates.

Here're a pictu
http://users.easystreet.com/onlnlowe/misc/D.Pencil-faceplates.jpg

Here's Don's website so you can read up on them:
http://donpencil.com/1x8fpcm.htm

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Pour your end-grain sealer into a clean, wide-mouth
clothes detergent bottle. The lid makes a handy dipping container for
your brush and the leftovers will drain back into the bottle when you
recap the jug.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Nie

Default Don Pencil face plates 1"x8tpi

That's what you get for "upgrading" to one of those big 'ol Oneways.

TomNie

"Owen Lowe" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Tom. I hope Owen's upgrades aren't making him forget the old reliable
equipment that helped make his name. Now that they have become CEOs of a
large commercial enterprise, I hope he and his daughter won't forget
their old friends of simple turning days.

He is basically a good guy, so we wish his daughter every success in
selling her spin tops, but only to discriminating collectors whose taste
in wood art matches dad's taste in lathes.

BTW, those face plates are a good bargain for anyone looking for quality
'multi-screw chucks'.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe

SOLD - Thanks Lobby. If we can arrange it, I'll spring for the coffee
since I may not have to ship them.

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Pour your end-grain sealer into a clean, wide-mouth
clothes detergent bottle. The lid makes a handy dipping container for
your brush and the leftovers will drain back into the bottle when you
recap the jug.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe

In article ,
"Tom Nie" wrote:

That's what you get for "upgrading" to one of those big 'ol Oneways.

Yeah, kinda like upgrading your computer - all the old software has to
be upgraded too - plus the printer, keyboard and mouse.