Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tonio

Default Looking for machine supplier

Hello

I am located in Indonesia and I am suppose to produce colomn in wood.
The maximum length of those column will be 7 meters and diameter 40.
The problem is that those column must be round.

Could you give me advice of the machine to choose?
Do you know companies selling second hand machines?

For information I am located in Indonesia.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tonio

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
W Canaday

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 03:14:05 -0800, Tonio wrote:

Hello

I am located in Indonesia and I am suppose to produce colomn in wood. The
maximum length of those column will be 7 meters and diameter 40. The
problem is that those column must be round.

Could you give me advice of the machine to choose? Do you know companies
selling second hand machines?

For information I am located in Indonesia.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tonio

The diameter is 40 meters? Or 40 centimeters?

With a length of ~23 feet, my guess is that you should contract this out
unless you have the ability to make a lathe for this job.

Contact the makers of sailboats masts, large turbines, and large boats.
They can probably turn a shaft of this size ... but it's going to cost you
plenty if they will even accept an order from you for the job.

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Tonio

I used some setup to turn the diesel locomotive floor/frames around for
ease of welding and a basically similar setup would work for you.

If you can handle the log you must have some equipment around, bolt on a
wheel rim on both ends have them run on 2 smaller wheels each, now a
tractor or other with a PTO and a drive shaft with a couple universal
joints, bolt that to the log and you are basically in business, just a
movable tool rest and away you go.

You will have fun and you better take good care !!
LEo Van Der Loo

Tonio wrote:

Hello

I am located in Indonesia and I am suppose to produce colomn in wood.
The maximum length of those column will be 7 meters and diameter 40.
The problem is that those column must be round.

Could you give me advice of the machine to choose?
Do you know companies selling second hand machines?

For information I am located in Indonesia.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tonio

Steel supplier in Western suburbs of Chicago? RDF Metalworking 16 October 5th 05 05:32 AM
Loft Firedoor Supplier Hamie UK diy 2 September 3rd 05 09:12 PM
Supplier for 3M Abrasives Chris and Patsy Woodworking 4 September 4th 04 02:01 AM
need to find supplier for thernal switch blaine YOung Electronics Repair 3 December 28th 03 06:21 PM