Mike Paulson

Default chain sharpener

This just in from the Harbor Fright email list. I have one of these.
Their supposed regular retail price of $129.99 is about double what it's
worth, but for $49.99 it's a really good deal. Every once in a while it's
on sale for $69.99, an okay price, but this is the lowest price I have
ever seen on it.

-mike paulson, fort collins, co

Brian

The older ones (about three years ago) were all metal and were much better
quality and were worth the $129 although I got mine for more like $80 on
sale. It paid for itself the first time I sharpened all my chains, about 15
of them for the different saws and for the ripping rig. I tend to sharpen
more often and replace chains more often so they don't get so damaged as
well.

Haven't seen any of the older ones on sale anywhere. The new ones are all a
resin I think.

Brian

Dave in Fairfax

Brian wrote:
The older ones (about three years ago) were all metal and were much better
quality and were worth the $129 although I got mine for more like $80 on
sale. It paid for itself the first time I sharpened all my chains, about 15
of them for the different saws and for the ripping rig. I tend to sharpen
more often and replace chains more often so they don't get so damaged as
well.
Haven't seen any of the older ones on sale anywhere. The new ones are all a
resin I think.

Neither have I. I got one of the plastic ones a couple years back, it
was on sale for $29 and was well worth the price. So far it's held up
pretty well.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Sears snow blower chain won't keep tight Mark Home Repair 3 May 9th 05 03:44 AM
Chainsaw oil Bill R Woodturning 29 April 2nd 05 04:57 AM
Chain Saw Bar Wear Jonathan Goodish Home Repair 34 January 22nd 05 11:36 PM
cheap chain saw sharpener Mike Paulson Woodturning 6 October 2nd 04 03:59 PM
Yale Electric Chain Hoist Question MP Toolman Metalworking 3 July 13th 04 08:24 AM