Keith Young

Default RangeHood dust removal?

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine suggested a rangehood for dust removal. Has anybody tried
this? I can image an adjustable hood with cloth skirts, augmented with a
powerful motor on the shed wall to blow out the dust. Any suggestions would
be welcome as I print them for future use!

Keith
Newfoundland

George

"Keith Young" wrote in message
Hi everyone!

A friend of mine suggested a rangehood for dust removal. Has anybody tried
this? I can image an adjustable hood with cloth skirts, augmented with a
powerful motor on the shed wall to blow out the dust. Any suggestions

would
be welcome as I print them for future use!

Seems an anti-gravity solution. The stuff falls when I sand outside, so I
have a collection area out front where it falls. Dryer vents with the
hardware cloth to protect from internal shaving clogs attached to the lathe
bed with magnets. My dust collector seems to take almost all.

For inside, it's normally ejected from the base of the bowl away from me, so
I mount the collector there when do the inside.

C & S

With all due respect this sounds rediculous to me.

I own a 600CFM (entry level pro-style) Braun range hood. It works bacause
the range hood caputures the "mushroom
cloud" for a moment before it is evacuated. The apiture on a range hood is
the size of a stove. Ii is *way* to big to actually "suck" anything. I hve
a buddy with a 1200CFM Viking hood (It's really sweet :-)), Even that would
not lift anythind but the finest ambient air dust from sanding.

This is what dust collectors are for. Dust collectors are also generally
alot less expensive than pro-style range hoods.

Cheers,

Steve

"Keith Young" wrote in message
Hi everyone!

A friend of mine suggested a rangehood for dust removal. Has anybody tried
this? I can image an adjustable hood with cloth skirts, augmented with a
powerful motor on the shed wall to blow out the dust. Any suggestions

would
be welcome as I print them for future use!

Keith
Newfoundland

Keith Young

Thanks sounds logical!

"C & S" wrote in message
[...]

Dust Collection Saga Goes On Pat Barber Woodworking 20 May 20th 05 05:19 PM
Dust removal Art Ransom Woodturning 12 January 27th 05 08:46 AM
Dust removal robo hippy Woodturning 0 January 27th 05 06:17 AM
Dust Collectors: A killer health hazard! Clarke Echols Woodworking 14 March 24th 04 03:26 AM
Recommend Ducting For JET 1.5 HP Canister Dust Collector Jay Chan Woodworking 2 March 12th 04 08:22 PM