Art Ransom

Default Corian

Picked up about 50 lbs of Corian scrap last week and finished my first piece
today and started another one. A whole new ball game for segmented work.
Anyone out there working with Corian?

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org

Chuck

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:53:19 -0500, "Art Ransom"
wrote:

Picked up about 50 lbs of Corian scrap last week and finished my first piece
today and started another one. A whole new ball game for segmented work.
Anyone out there working with Corian?

Just for pens and miniatures, so far. It's okay, but for that
application there are a lot of other man-mades that are more
attractive, although, admittedly, the cost is much lower for the
Corian. Hard to find decent colors, though.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Andy McArdle

"Art Ransom" wrote in message
Picked up about 50 lbs of Corian scrap last week and finished my first

piece
today and started another one. A whole new ball game for segmented work.
Anyone out there working with Corian?

Yup. The largest piece I've made to date is a mortar & pestle from amer.
walnut & lace she-oak with corian inserts for a bit more durability.

Another technique is to rough out a form, turn the corian into dowels and
drill/glue 'em into the form before final shaping. You can get some lovely
effects.

- Andy

Dandruff? Bloody sawdust!

Ken Moon

"Andy McArdle" wrote in message
u...

"Art Ransom" wrote in message
Picked up about 50 lbs of Corian scrap last week and finished my first

piece
today and started another one. A whole new ball game for segmented work.
Anyone out there working with Corian?

Yup. The largest piece I've made to date is a mortar & pestle from
amer.
walnut & lace she-oak with corian inserts for a bit more durability.

Another technique is to rough out a form, turn the corian into dowels and
drill/glue 'em into the form before final shaping. You can get some
lovely
effects.

- Andy

Dandruff? Bloody sawdust!

===========================

Bloody sawdust?! A very bad sign!!!

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.

Andy McArdle

nk.net...

"Art Ransom" wrote in message
[...]

True. But I expect that bloody dandruff would be worse...

- Andy

[tag currently on sick-leave]

Rav Rav is offline
Junior Member

Location: Wombwell. South Yorkshire. UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Ransom
Picked up about 50 lbs of Corian scrap last week and finished my first piece
today and started another one. A whole new ball game for segmented work.
Anyone out there working with Corian?

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org
Is Corian like talk stone (I.E it won't blunt turning tools) ?
Having never worked or even handled any Corian before i would be interested in hearing how one turns/works the stuff ?

Cheers !!!

Corian countertop, can I put on a corian sink to replace the stainless? [email protected] Home Repair 3 February 17th 05 03:33 PM
Gluing Corian AHilton Woodturning 15 May 7th 04 05:10 AM
corian vs staron Saravana Home Repair 14 October 27th 03 03:42 PM
Corian no one Woodworking 17 October 26th 03 01:25 PM