Todd the wood junkie

Default G0584

I am getting into turning. I have been a woodworker for 10 yrs or so.
I searched this newsgroup for the Grizzly G0584, but didn't find any
hits. Does anyone have any experience with this model?

Thanks

Joe Fleming

Todd,

I would recommend a Delta or JET in that size range. The spindle on
the Grizzly is not a "standard" 1" x 12 tpi will be hard to buy
accessories for. For a 1" spindle, you really want 8 tpi. This
impacts your chuck selection and your faceplate selections.

Joe in San Diego

Ralph E Lindberg

In article .com,
"Joe Fleming" wrote:

Todd,

I would recommend a Delta or JET in that size range. The spindle on
the Grizzly is not a "standard" 1" x 12 tpi will be hard to buy
accessories for. For a 1" spindle, you really want 8 tpi. This
impacts your chuck selection and your faceplate selections.

The exact reason I have rejected the Grizzly.

However the WoodTek (from Wood Workers Supply) should also be
considered. http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...ARTNUM=829-806

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Bill Day

On 8 Jun 2005 09:45:24 -0700, "Todd the wood junkie"
wrote:

I am getting into turning. I have been a woodworker for 10 yrs or so.
I searched this newsgroup for the Grizzly G0584, but didn't find any
hits. Does anyone have any experience with this model?

Thanks

my experience with a Grizzly lathe a few years ago was 75% bad. They
don't do too bad on table saws, but they simply do not adhere to
minimal requirements for lathes. Things (handles, toolrests, belts)
break and jam and don't quite fit and are not ergonomically comfy.

Unles you are quite handy and/or limited in budget, I'd suggest you
look at other makes.