Bill Day

On 8 Jun 2005 09:45:24 -0700, "Todd the wood junkie"
wrote:

I am getting into turning. I have been a woodworker for 10 yrs or so.
I searched this newsgroup for the Grizzly G0584, but didn't find any
hits. Does anyone have any experience with this model?

Thanks

my experience with a Grizzly lathe a few years ago was 75% bad. They
don't do too bad on table saws, but they simply do not adhere to
minimal requirements for lathes. Things (handles, toolrests, belts)
break and jam and don't quite fit and are not ergonomically comfy.

Unles you are quite handy and/or limited in budget, I'd suggest you
look at other makes.