John Pilhoefer

Default Lagre lathe

Check out the links below. Turning a 22" or so piece.

http://69.36.7.211/attachment.php?attachmentid=8696

http://69.36.7.211/attachment.php?attachmentid=8697

Not sure who the manufacturer is, looks pretty sweet.

I asked about copy attachments a few weeks back, what I should
of asked about is something like this. I am not turning anything this
big, but upwards of 15".

Anyone ever seen anything like this but for a smaller lathe.

Thanks,
John

Bill Rubenstein

John:

Um..... You need a user id to access those pages. Also, if it is a
bowl or hollow form, we swing 30" on a Stubby S750 so 22" is no big
deal. The largest spindle I've turned was 11" diameter but it was
short, about 30".

I'd like to see your link...

Bill

John Pilhoefer wrote:
Check out the links below. Turning a 22" or so piece.

http://69.36.7.211/attachment.php?attachmentid=8696

http://69.36.7.211/attachment.php?attachmentid=8697

Not sure who the manufacturer is, looks pretty sweet.

I asked about copy attachments a few weeks back, what I should
of asked about is something like this. I am not turning anything this
big, but upwards of 15".

Anyone ever seen anything like this but for a smaller lathe.

Thanks,
John

John Pilhoefer

Sorry about that, long day at work.

It should be "Large Lathe"
and the links a

http://tinyurl.com/csk7t

and

http://tinyurl.com/bp4l3

hope these work.

John
"John Pilhoefer" wrote in message
Check out the links below. Turning a 22" or so piece.

http://69.36.7.211/attachment.php?attachmentid=8696

http://69.36.7.211/attachment.php?attachmentid=8697

Not sure who the manufacturer is, looks pretty sweet.

I asked about copy attachments a few weeks back, what I should
of asked about is something like this. I am not turning anything this
big, but upwards of 15".

Anyone ever seen anything like this but for a smaller lathe.

Thanks,
John

Biggest @#$dam 3 jaw chuck I've ever seen! Correct me if I'm wrong, but
it looks like it doesn't clear the bed.
If you're looking for something to cut perfect cylinders with, you
could rig something up with a lead screw along the front of your lathe,
and some kind of accurate track for the tool holder to follow, with an
adjustment for depth of cut.
You might want to check into machinery auctions, scrap yards that have
machine tools, etc. A lead screw (machined accurate, rather than
threadded rod) of any length is pretty expensive.

One possible source: old drum scanners printing companies and graphic
prepress shops may be getting rid of. They have a 2-4' accurate lead
screw in them and are obsolete.

Then again, by the time you buy and build all this you might just
excede the value of your lathe!