Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Chris J Dixon

Default Immersion Heater Wiring

As part of my central heating refit, I am having a new and
relocated hot water tank with economy 7 and boost immersion
heater elements. I plan to feed these via a Horstmann electronic
timer.

The circuit will have a dedicated 16A MCB (is the voting for RCD
protection or not?)

What are the requirements for further protection? I can't see
the logic in having a separate fused outlet for each element, but
local isolators at the point where the high temperature flexible
terminates seems sensible. Should I fit a fused spur unit
upstream of the timer instead?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK