Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
rrh

Default Would you buy another kitchen from Wickes?

I wouldn't. First, on the positive side, the in-store staff have been
helpful and pleasant; and the quality of the kitchen units themselves is
reasonable to good. On the other hand, I allowed myself a full month after
the delivery on 30 May of what was supposed to be my complete kitchen to
install it, and now find myself going back to work tomorrow with the kitchen
still in chaos:

- Salesman didn't sell me all the right bits at the time. Supplemental
orders take as long as the original to arrive.
- One unit arrived damaged. It took three more tries to get it right (second
unit damaged too; third one was the wrong item).
- One crucial bit (worktop) had to be on a supplemental order. On the day of
delivery I was told it was too damaged to deliver. I was given a new date.
Nothing arrived; apparently they were "out of stock". I was promised a call
within the following day to reschedule. No call. I called them. Date now
rearranged - for nearly two weeks after I go back to work.

Add this to the experience of the "customer service" call centre, whose
staff (if you can ever finally get through to them) - with one or two
welcome exceptions - manage to make it quite clear that they hate their jobs
and couldn't give a stuff whether you get what you've paid for or not.

Still, I suppose it could have been worse - I could have gone to Ikea.

Is my experience typical? Am I being unreasonable in finding it
unacceptable?