Andrew Gabriel

Default Would you buy another kitchen from Wickes?

In article ,
"Jonathan Pearson" writes:
rrh wrote:

Still, I suppose it could have been worse - I could have gone to Ikea.

Is my experience typical? Am I being unreasonable in finding it
unacceptable?

Actually I was going to recommend Ikea, mainly because wickes / MFI use the
same delivery firm and we had endless problems with them, all 4 orders we
had from wickes/MFI had missing part, damaged bits,didn't turn up etc. The
service we had from Ikea was delightful in comparison, although our kitchen
was stocked in store we opted to have it delivered, in total there were over
200 bits, and all arrived, and every thing fitted with no damage, the
delivery guys even spent about an hour with me checking all the bits were
present before signing for it (I think the cups of tea helped!). The only
problems we had we that I drilled the holes in the wrong places on a door,
which as each unit is modular resulted in me sending the wife to the store
to get a new door front. Took the weekend to fit the main units and are
delighted with the results.

I would back up the quality of the IKEA stuff. I order it up from
the store which is the painful part, but once you get it, I found
it all fits perfectly, nothing damaged, and I've never had any need
to adjust anything, although there are lots of adjusters on hinges,
drawer fronts, etc.

If I could order it on the Web and pick it up directly from the
warehouse without the pain of having to go into the store and dealing
with the staff, queues, etc, they would be on to a real winner.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer