Furby

Default Travis Perkins Trademate

Has any got a trademate (no credit) account with Travis Perkins.

Admittedly I'm not in the trade but I do how ever spend between 5-10K per
year on diy parts, and I don't mean fashion items, I mean real parts wood ,
sand , cement etc.

How much chance have I got of getting one of these acounts and how much
discount should I expect.

Thanks

Dave Jones

,
sand , cement etc.

How much chance have I got of getting one of these acounts and how much
discount should I expect.

Thanks

Just apply, if anybody asks tell them your setting up as a handyman, more
you but more discount you get.

Jason

I have a trade cash card which gives me 10 -20% off certain items normally
esssentials (and you dont have to use just cash).

--
Yours
Jason

Reckless

I've a trade account (not in the trade, just selected TP as my primary
supplier for my self build extension) and got quite a good discount across a
number of items. It didn't apply to all products however.

"Furby" wrote in message
Has any got a trademate (no credit) account with Travis Perkins.

Admittedly I'm not in the trade but I do how ever spend between 5-10K per
year on diy parts, and I don't mean fashion items, I mean real parts wood

,
sand , cement etc.

How much chance have I got of getting one of these acounts and how much
discount should I expect.

Thanks

Lobster

Jason wrote:
I have a trade cash card which gives me 10 -20% off certain items normally
esssentials (and you dont have to use just cash).

So have I, but it still means that for a small player like me, TP are
way more expensive than my default combo of Wickes and Screwfix. Even
with 10% (or even 20%) off, I still only visit TP for obscure stuff I
can't buy anywhere else. I also get irritated that prices are rarely
marked, which is another reason to avoid like the plague. They are
simply not interested in small players like me.

David

David M

Lobster wrote:
Jason wrote:

I have a trade cash card which gives me 10 -20% off certain items
normally esssentials (and you dont have to use just cash).

So have I, but it still means that for a small player like me, TP are
way more expensive than my default combo of Wickes and Screwfix. Even
with 10% (or even 20%) off, I still only visit TP for obscure stuff I
can't buy anywhere else. I also get irritated that prices are rarely
marked, which is another reason to avoid like the plague. They are
simply not interested in small players like me.

David

I only very occasionally user TP, and reckon you need a totally different
approach when dealing with them. Ideally you want to have a target price and
give that to them up front. TP's marked/web prices are way OTT,but in
general they will give a decent discount when asked.. pretty similar
situation with Plumb Centre, etc.

I reckon they will pretty much give a trade card to anyone who asks for it,
they're in the business to make money and every little customer helps...
especially when they get people paying their top prices.

cheers

David
Rick

"Furby" wrote in message
Has any got a trademate (no credit) account with Travis Perkins.

Admittedly I'm not in the trade but I do how ever spend between 5-10K per
year on diy parts, and I don't mean fashion items, I mean real parts wood

,
sand , cement etc.

How much chance have I got of getting one of these acounts and how much
discount should I expect.

Thanks

They caught me with that one, they got my blocks down cheep, then
wacked me 50 quid a bag for sand. I never go there now.

Most of the builders merchants are the same, I recommend you find a
smaller company that cares that you come back.

Rick