Andy Hall

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:55:26 +0100, Stefek Zaba
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

I wonder how long that particular trademark will last now that...
well... you know... ;-)

you mean, now we have a CEO named after a GNU kernel?

I was thinking more of the erstwhile and rumours of Munchkin songs
being hummed in certain cafeterias.

Hopefully there won't be any Trix......

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , RedOnRed
wrote:

Ongoing yawnathon hopefully now dropped.

The problem is that you are still leaving all the previous post material,
even though it is of no relevance. You have been given polite and friendly
advice, to help you. I have seen no abuse as yet, but PLEASE trim to
context?

** Would you like to learn to post effectively? **
** http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post **

RedOnRed

The problem is that you are still leaving all the previous post material,
even though it is of no relevance. You have been given polite and friendly
advice, to help you. I have seen no abuse as yet, but PLEASE trim to
context?

Perhaps just sometimes, some postings, and the manner in which they're are
written and posted are down to personal preference. For example, if another
author had written War and peace instead of Tolstoy it probably would have
been a shade shorter.

Just as in ultimately no one is going to stand over you and tell you how to
write a letter, in which way to read a news paper, or tell you in what order
you should listen to the album tracks on your new CD. Maybe you shouldn't
watch the stuff at the start of a DVD prior to the menu, it's of no
relevance to the film, but it's down to personal preference if you want to
watch it.

wrote:

it's down to personal preference

That's better, thankyou.

Trimming is vitally important for the benefit of the many readers. Some will
be charged by the minute or by data size, especially with GPRS connections.
It gets expensive to have to download reams of untrimmed irrelevance.

RedOnRed

Trimming is vitally important for the benefit of the many readers. Some
will
be charged by the minute or by data size, especially with GPRS
connections.
It gets expensive to have to download reams of untrimmed irrelevance.

It's interesting that you should make the bandwidth useage point when so
many have been happy to eat up theirs making banal remarks on this thread.

Clearly you can't put a price on telling some one to "bugger off" as posted
previously.

raden

In message , RedOnRed
writes

The problem is that you are still leaving all the previous post material,
even though it is of no relevance. You have been given polite and friendly
advice, to help you. I have seen no abuse as yet, but PLEASE trim to
context?

Perhaps just sometimes, some postings, and the manner in which they're are
written and posted are down to personal preference.

Not when it comes to top posting and snipping irrelevant context which
everyone else has to trawl through to find the current poster's reply

I'm sure someone will post some links so you can go away and educate
yourself about netiquette. Any society has general rules of conduct -
ignore them and you become an outcast. It's as simple as that.

--
geoff
RedOnRed

Not when it comes to top posting and snipping irrelevant context which
everyone else has to trawl through to find the current poster's reply

I'm sure someone will post some links so you can go away and educate

Still not reading all the posts eh? Shame on you naughty boy! If you did
you'd see that people had sent some links for educational purposes...if you
like.

yourself about netiquette. Any society has general rules of conduct -
ignore them and you become an outcast. It's as simple as that.

I suppose by not reading the previous posts and then continuously drawing
your own brand of misguided opinions you are indeed breaking your own rule
book of "netiquette".

Lol..."and you become an outcast" LOL!

Keep the banal, holier than though, sanctimonious, condescending, hilarious
drivel coming. It does seem to flow effortlessly out of every pore from you.

My God, i'm banished to life as an "outcast" and have to go on some
reeducational program do I? To learn the way of netiquette? All for the
fairly inocuous crime of top posting and not editing out text properly. It
all seems a bit harsh and draconian...lol.

I thought you were voluntarily closing comments on this?

--
geoff

raden

In message , RedOnRed
writes
Not when it comes to top posting and snipping irrelevant context which
everyone else has to trawl through to find the current poster's reply

I'm sure someone will post some links so you can go away and educate

Still not reading all the posts eh? Shame on you naughty boy! If you did
you'd see that people had sent some links for educational purposes...if you
like.

Well, I thought someone had, but I wasn't sure - so I said it just in
case

yourself about netiquette. Any society has general rules of conduct -
ignore them and you become an outcast. It's as simple as that.

I suppose by not reading the previous posts and then continuously drawing
your own brand of misguided opinions you are indeed breaking your own rule
book of "netiquette".

Lol..."and you become an outcast" LOL!

Oh have you scored a point ?

Keep the banal, holier than though, sanctimonious, condescending, hilarious
drivel coming. It does seem to flow effortlessly out of every pore from you.

My God, i'm banished to life as an "outcast" and have to go on some
reeducational program do I? To learn the way of netiquette? All for the
fairly inocuous crime of top posting and not editing out text properly. It
all seems a bit harsh and draconian...lol.

I thought you were voluntarily closing comments on this?

Well I would if you would STFU
--
geoff
Owain

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:
it's down to personal preference

That's better, thankyou.
Trimming is vitally important for the benefit of the many readers. Some will
be charged by the minute or by data size, ...

And some will be using speech synthesis or tactile braille output, and
can't don't have the option of skim-reading quoted text.

Owain