David M Hodgkinson

Default Mira 415 BIV

I've just installed one of these showers, and I've got a small leak which I
cannot easily solve. Has anyone had this fault before?

The leak is on the wall outlet plate, where the incomming brass feed pipe,
feeds into an outlet chamber. The chamber is fitted with on o-ring seal,
but the water still seems to get past.

Any ideas?

Christian McArdle

The leak is on the wall outlet plate, where the incomming brass feed pipe,
feeds into an outlet chamber. The chamber is fitted with on o-ring seal,
but the water still seems to get past.

Look for damage on the O-ring, or any surrounding housings. Ensure that you
have assembled it correctly and you haven't lost any small pieces.

Christian.

Christian McArdle

The o-ring is fine, and everything is locked together OK. I thought it
might be an o-ring, so I'll just replace it anyway.

Yes, it is very easy for a notch undetectable to the eye to be enough to
weep slowly. Hopefully it will be in the O-ring rather than its housing,
though.

Christian.

Mira Shower Query Rakster UK diy 1 May 26th 04 02:05 PM
Mira 415 shower mixer unit or any Mira shower mixer unit Mr Blue Skye UK diy 7 January 19th 04 08:36 PM
Mira Shower Problems dave cunningham UK diy 2 January 9th 04 05:23 PM
Mira electric shower won't stop David UK diy 1 December 31st 03 12:43 AM