Chris J Dixon

Default Immersion Timer

I want a controller suitable for twin immersion heaters (Economy
7 and boost).

So far I have found the Horstmann

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HOELEC7.html

Any experience with this, or suggested alternatives?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Bruno

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
I want a controller suitable for twin immersion heaters (Economy
7 and boost).

So far I have found the Horstmann

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HOELEC7.html

Any experience with this, or suggested alternatives?

these are the best timers on the market. don't fit cheap alternatives if you
are going to stop in this house because they tend not to last long
I have been buying these hortsman E7 timers off ebay for around £15
Hortsman also make a non digital model which is just as good
hope this helps

Bruno (Coventry's best electrician!)

Ro

Hi,

I've just fitted one of these
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HOH37.html . It's a 3 channel timer,
which I wanted to use to control electric heating, immersion, and a heated
towel rail in my apartment. I needed to combine it with contactors because
the loads were greater than the programmer rating, but it works a dream. i
now have just one controller in a neat package on the wall in the hall to
control all of the functions. It has a great display, with separate clock
displays for each channel, so it will dsiplay the next on or off time on
the display. There's a boost (1 or 2 hour) and advance function for each
channel also, and it's a doddle to set. The additional cost of the
contactors did add to the cost, but it works very well.

Ro