Junior Member

Post Immersion Water Heater Problem

Dear Group,

I have started having problems with my water heater lately along with my circuit breaker. The other day my 15amp fuse wire for my immersion water heater blew. The wire was only broken the first time....so I replaced it and thought nothing of it. A short time later when I went to use my hot water it violently blew again but this time the wire was completely melted, gone, nothing left. I have a Horstmann Electronic 7 Maxistore timer hooked to it and for the past 7 months i've had it set to "continuous" rather than boosting or 1hr/2hr timing. I've never had a problem with it before but now I have replaced the fuse wire 4 times and each time it has blown and melted. Any ideas? Thanks
mrcheerful

--
Tim W.

you probably need a new element. these are cheap and, usually, easy to
change, mostly they last 4 years.

mrcheerful

need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM
Electric Water Heater Problem, Repair or Buy new, please help Robert Home Ownership 9 January 10th 04 01:09 AM