Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Simon

Default Laminate floor around curved bottom stair

Does anyone know a good way to fit laminate flooring around the bottom
of a flight of sairs? The problem I'm anticipating is how to fit the
flooring against the riser for the bottom stair. This riser has a
curved shape and is carpeted.

Obviously I can't use standard edge quadrant because this is not
curved (though perhaps the plastic kind can be gently heated and bent
into shape?) and won't fit neatly against the vertical carpet on the
stair riser anyway.

I think I should be able to cut the laminate to a matching curve and
trim the carpet back so that the edge of the laminate floor is
recessed under the edge of the carpet. I may have to move any grippers
up slightly but that should be easy. Is that the best way or is there
a trick I haven't thought of?

Thoughts/hints/experiences welcomed.

Si