Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default Laminate floor around curved bottom stair

On 07/08/2016 07:00, harry wrote:
On Friday, 25 March 2005 10:48:30 UTC, Simon wrote:
Does anyone know a good way to fit laminate flooring around the bottom
of a flight of sairs? The problem I'm anticipating is how to fit the
flooring against the riser for the bottom stair. This riser has a
curved shape and is carpeted.

Obviously I can't use standard edge quadrant because this is not
curved (though perhaps the plastic kind can be gently heated and bent
into shape?) and won't fit neatly against the vertical carpet on the
stair riser anyway.

I think I should be able to cut the laminate to a matching curve and
trim the carpet back so that the edge of the laminate floor is
recessed under the edge of the carpet. I may have to move any grippers
up slightly but that should be easy. Is that the best way or is there
a trick I haven't thought of?

Thoughts/hints/experiences welcomed.

Si

You make a paper template and use that to mark the laminate.

Laminate flooring is designed to float.

What do you do with the gap that will undoubtedly grow?