RG

Default Carpet grip on concrete?

What's the recommended way to attach carpet grip to concrete sections of
flooring. I've got a couple of sections going into my house extension (the
bits that were previously the external wall) that have just been concreted
over and I need to put carpet grip down.

Cheers
Ronnie

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
RG wrote:
What's the recommended way to attach carpet grip to concrete sections of
flooring. I've got a couple of sections going into my house extension
(the bits that were previously the external wall) that have just been
concreted over and I need to put carpet grip down.

The pros use some form of rubberised glue - rather like Evostick.

--
*Rehab is for quitters

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Chris Bacon

RG wrote:
What's the recommended way to attach carpet grip to concrete sections of
flooring. I've got a couple of sections going into my house extension (the
bits that were previously the external wall) that have just been concreted
over and I need to put carpet grip down.

Stick it down with Gripfill when the concrete is dry. If you nail it
close to the edge of the concrete, it can break it out.
Al Reynolds

"RG" wrote in message
What's the recommended way to attach carpet grip to concrete sections of
flooring. I've got a couple of sections going into my house extension (the
bits that were previously the external wall) that have just been concreted
over and I need to put carpet grip down.

I just used aerosol carpet glue to glue the
hessian backed carpet to the floor.

Al

John_ZIZinvalid

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:54:40 -0000, "RG"
wrote:

What's the recommended way to attach carpet grip to concrete sections of
flooring. I've got a couple of sections going into my house extension (the
bits that were previously the external wall) that have just been concreted
over and I need to put carpet grip down.

'No more nails' made by Unibond is good for this purpose.
http://www.unibond.co.uk/unibond/nomorenails.html