mike

Default feed and vent pipes

Hi
The system is fully pumped H/W & Heating.

I need to move the H/W tank and to alter the pipe runs, is it alright
for the cold feed and vent pipes to be connected to the return pipe and
not to the feed pipe as it is now.

thanks

Mike

John Stumbles

mike wrote:
Hi
The system is fully pumped H/W & Heating.

I need to move the H/W tank and to alter the pipe runs, is it alright
for the cold feed and vent pipes to be connected to the return pipe and
not to the feed pipe as it is now.

Possibly, unless the relative pressures in the system due to the pump
may cause some parts of the system to be at negative pressure (wrt
atmospheric) which is Not Good. I'd consider converting to a sealed
system (see sealed system FAQ, google...)
Christian McArdle

I need to move the H/W tank and to alter the pipe runs, is it alright
for the cold feed and vent pipes to be connected to the return pipe and
not to the feed pipe as it is now.

The vent pipe should be on the boiler flow. Some boilers might not require
this, but speak to their technical help line first. The boiler will almost
certainly require an overheat shutdown (i.e. be suitable for
sealed+pressurised operation), but this might not be enough.

Christian.

boiler feed & vent pipes mike UK diy 1 March 24th 05 11:29 PM
I need to make a muffler for my furnace vent Grant Erwin Metalworking 20 February 24th 05 09:57 AM
Gravity hot water temperature control Terry D UK diy 20 October 31st 03 11:01 AM
CH system has no vent on primary Keith Refson - real email address in signature UK diy 8 August 27th 03 04:28 PM