Junior Member

Default boiler feed & vent pipes

Hi

system:- fully pumped H/W and heating

Due to builing works I want to move my H/W cylinder form upstairs, to downstairs next to the boiler. I will then be left with the situation that the existing system cold feed and open vent pipes will be in the return pipe and not the feed pipe as they are now, will this cause me a problem? I can't see why it should but then I'm not an expert.

Thanks for any help

Mike

Last edited by mike : March 24th 05 at 11:33 AM
Ed Sirett

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:53:18 +0000, mike wrote:

Hi

system:- fully pumped H/W and heating

Due to builing works I want to move my H/W cylinder form upstairs, to
downstairs next to the boiler. I will then be left with the situation
that the existing system cold feed and open vent pipes will be in the
return pipe and not the feed pipe as they are now, will this cause me a
problem? I can't see why it should but then I'm not an expert.

I can't quote chapter and verse but I'm sure this would be wrong.
The boiler installation manual is likely to be quite explicit about this.

The system may be converted to sealed?

11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Boiler kettling? David Hearn UK diy 5 January 1st 04 07:47 PM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM
Basics on Depth of Cuts Chris S Metalworking 10 September 2nd 03 03:15 AM