Graeme

Default I2C vs. SMBus

Are there actually any differences between these two?

Graeme

"Graeme" wrote in message
.co.uk...
Are there actually any differences between these two?

Pants! Wrong group. Sorry.

Adrian C

Graeme wrote

http://www.mcc-us.com/I2CSMBusFAQ.htm

--
Adrian C
Graeme

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Graeme wrote
Are there actually any differences between these two?

Pants! Wrong group. Sorry.

http://www.mcc-us.com/I2CSMBusFAQ.htm

Thanks for the link. It is what I observed from the datasheets that I have.
I just wondered if there was anything specific/subtle that I have to look
out for.

Once again uk.diy outperforms the proper newsgroup.

Tim Mitchell

In article . uk, Graeme
writes
"Adrian C" wrote in message
Graeme wrote
Are there actually any differences between these two?
Pants! Wrong group. Sorry.

http://www.mcc-us.com/I2CSMBusFAQ.htm

Thanks for the link. It is what I observed from the datasheets that I have.
I just wondered if there was anything specific/subtle that I have to look
out for.

I think the real reason for the difference is to avoid the Philips
licensing charges on I2C bus. (also there is "TWI" (2 wire interface)
which seems to be identical to I2C)
--
Tim Mitchell

Dave Stanton

I think the real reason for the difference is to avoid the Philips
licensing charges on I2C bus. (also there is "TWI" (2 wire interface)
which seems to be identical to I2C)

Sod, I was going to mention that G.

Dave

again
in the future!!
raden

In message . uk, Graeme
writes
"Adrian C" wrote in message
Graeme wrote
Are there actually any differences between these two?
Pants! Wrong group. Sorry.

http://www.mcc-us.com/I2CSMBusFAQ.htm

Thanks for the link. It is what I observed from the datasheets that I have.
I just wondered if there was anything specific/subtle that I have to look
out for.

Once again uk.diy outperforms the proper newsgroup.

Sorry, what proper newsgroup ?

--
geoff
Graeme

"raden" wrote in message
In message . uk, Graeme
writes
"Adrian C" wrote in message
Graeme wrote
Are there actually any differences between these two?
Pants! Wrong group. Sorry.

http://www.mcc-us.com/I2CSMBusFAQ.htm

Thanks for the link. It is what I observed from the datasheets that I

have.
I just wondered if there was anything specific/subtle that I have to look
out for.

Once again uk.diy outperforms the proper newsgroup.

Sorry, what proper newsgroup ?

Ordinarily I'd post a question like this to one of the electronics groups.
But I must admit that the contributors to uk.diy have such a wide range of
skills, that there probably isn't any point with the sci. groups ;-)

raden

In message . uk, Graeme
writes
"raden" wrote in message
In message . uk, Graeme
writes
"Adrian C" wrote in message
Graeme wrote
Are there actually any differences between these two?
Pants! Wrong group. Sorry.

http://www.mcc-us.com/I2CSMBusFAQ.htm

Thanks for the link. It is what I observed from the datasheets that I

have.
I just wondered if there was anything specific/subtle that I have to look
out for.

Once again uk.diy outperforms the proper newsgroup.

Sorry, what proper newsgroup ?

Ordinarily I'd post a question like this to one of the electronics groups.
But I must admit that the contributors to uk.diy have such a wide range of
skills, that there probably isn't any point with the sci. groups ;-)

Thanks, but the question was largely rhetorical ...

--
geoff