Fishter

Default Ferrolli Arena 30C

Hi All,

I think I'm having a problem with my combi boiler. The main sympton is
that the radiators get hot even when the thermostat isn't calling for heat.
Other signs include what I think is excessive noise when the boiler is
working. It sounds like it might have air in the system, but when I bleed
the tallest radiators I only get water.

I've got a plumber coming round tomorrow to give the boiler a service (it's
first since it was installed two years ago; I know, I know, but I only
moved in recently!). What sort of problems can I expect him to find/fix?

Thanks for any advice.

--
Fishter
http://www.fishter.org.uk/
Fishter

Hi Fishter
In news
Hi All,

I think I'm having a problem with my combi boiler. The main sympton is
that the radiators get hot even when the thermostat isn't calling for heat.
Other signs include what I think is excessive noise when the boiler is
working. It sounds like it might have air in the system, but when I bleed
the tallest radiators I only get water.

I've got a plumber coming round tomorrow to give the boiler a service (it's
first since it was installed two years ago; I know, I know, but I only
moved in recently!). What sort of problems can I expect him to find/fix?

OK, so the plumber cancelled as he has an 'emergency' to deal with. He's
rearranged for Thursday, but in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas on
what is wrong with my system?

Thanks,

--
Fishter
http://www.fishter.org.uk/
Sam Nelson

In article ,
Fishter writes:
I think I'm having a problem with my combi boiler. The main sympton is
that the radiators get hot even when the thermostat isn't calling for heat.
Other signs include what I think is excessive noise when the boiler is
working. It sounds like it might have air in the system, but when I bleed
the tallest radiators I only get water.

I've got a plumber coming round tomorrow to give the boiler a service (it's
first since it was installed two years ago; I know, I know, but I only
moved in recently!). What sort of problems can I expect him to find/fix?

I can't give you any specific assistance, but on the couple of occasions I've
had reason to contact Ferroli (Burton-on-Trent, I think: www.ferroli.co.uk)
they've been fantastically helpful. The first time, shortly after we'd moved
house to a place with a virtually-brand-new Ferroli combi, they sent a bloke
in a van all the way from BoT to central Scotland to replace a `toasted'
sensor. The boiler was under warranty at the time, of course, but still.
Mind, I suppose that doesn't sort out any potential non-boiler problems you
might have...
--
SAm. All sweeping generalisations are false