Sam Nelson

In article ,
Fishter writes:
I think I'm having a problem with my combi boiler. The main sympton is
that the radiators get hot even when the thermostat isn't calling for heat.
Other signs include what I think is excessive noise when the boiler is
working. It sounds like it might have air in the system, but when I bleed
the tallest radiators I only get water.

I've got a plumber coming round tomorrow to give the boiler a service (it's
first since it was installed two years ago; I know, I know, but I only
moved in recently!). What sort of problems can I expect him to find/fix?

I can't give you any specific assistance, but on the couple of occasions I've
had reason to contact Ferroli (Burton-on-Trent, I think: www.ferroli.co.uk)
they've been fantastically helpful. The first time, shortly after we'd moved
house to a place with a virtually-brand-new Ferroli combi, they sent a bloke
in a van all the way from BoT to central Scotland to replace a `toasted'
sensor. The boiler was under warranty at the time, of course, but still.
Mind, I suppose that doesn't sort out any potential non-boiler problems you
might have...
--
SAm. All sweeping generalisations are false