Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Andy Jeffries

Default Wood - why so expensive?

I've been looking around for some wood (to make a Woodworking bench out
of, later will be making small/simple furniture). B&Q and Homebase are
WAY expensive. I went to my local Elmes (Buildbase) and they quoted:

3x3 - 1.40/m
5x1 - 1.70/m

This still seems quite expensive when you are making anything more than a
small shelf?

Is there a cheaper place to get wood (I'm in SG1, Stevenage) or is that
normal?

I've heard about wood reclaimers yards, but I haven't got a
thicknesser/planer and can't find one nearby.

Where do y'all get your wood from?

Cheers,

Andy

Treatment needed for wood for breadbin? Laurie R UK diy 7 August 8th 03 11:17 AM
Glass and Wood suppliers Doki UK diy 12 August 4th 03 02:05 PM
Floating wood floor. ian UK diy 4 July 25th 03 06:44 PM
wood laminate flooring Daniel UK diy 9 July 24th 03 02:33 PM
Bending Wood ? Reteplav UK diy 7 July 23rd 03 05:44 PM